Funded PhD Student Positions
Funded PhD positions are available within the framework of the Primus Research Program "Scalable and Accurate Numerical Linear Algebra for Next-Generation Hardware", led by Dr. Erin Carson at the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics at Charles University. Applications are invited from candidates who have strong background in numerical linear algebra, numerical analysis, parallel computing, or computational/data science application domains. The start date is October 2020, by which time the applicants must hold a Master's degree. Successful candidates must formally enroll in the PhD program at Charles University.
The positions come with a (tax-free) stipend of at least 20000 CZK per month.
Potential PhD topics include, but are not limited to:
Further details about the project can be found at the project website: https://www.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~carson/primus.html.
- Numerical analysis of high-performance iterative solver methods
- Use of mixed precision hardware within numerical linear algebra routines
- Numerical linear algebra applied to data analysis and machine learning applications
- Numerical analysis of high-performance methods in numerical linear algebra
- Development of new parallel algorithms
- Stability and convergence analysis of asynchronous methods
- Application of new algorithms within a particular computational or data science disclipine
Interested candidates should contact firstname.lastname@example.org before March 22, 2020. Please include:
In addition, the candidate should arrange for two letters of recommendation to be sent directly to the same e-mail address before March 22, 2020.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter explaining motivation and interest to obtain the position of PhD student
- Brief summary of Master's thesis (including pdf file of Master's thesis if available)
Selected finalists will be invited to officially apply through the university system; official acceptance in the program will be pending an entrance examination. For complete details on the admissions procedure, see instructions here.
Questions regarding the application can be directed to email@example.com.
PI website: https://www.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~carson
Charles University: https://www.cuni.cz/UKEN-1.html
Faculty of Mathematics and Physics: https://www.mff.cuni.cz/en