- 2007 DSc. (higher doctoral degree received from the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic)
- 1993 Ph.D. in Mathematical Analysis (Charles University, Prague; advisor J. Nečas)
- 1986 MSc (Charles University, Prague; advisor J. Nečas)
- Since January 1, 2009 - Professor of Mathematics (Mathematical Analysis), Charles University in Prague (Czech Republic), Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Mathematical Institute of Charles University
- 1998 - 2008 - Associate professor at the Charles University in Prague (Czech Republic), Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Mathematical Institute of Charles University
- Since 1997 - Head of Division of Mathematical Modeling, Charles University in Prague (Czech Republic), Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Mathematical Institute of Charles University
- mathematical analysis
- partial differential equations
- fluid mechanics
- continuum thermodynamics
- 2012-2017. Principal investigator. MORE - Implicitly constituted material models: from theory through model reduction to efficient numerical methods. Funding source: Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of Czech Republic, the project LL1202 funded in the framework of LL-ERC CZ (2012-2019) programme. Total funding EUR 2,330,000.
- 2012-2017. Principal investigator. , Math MAC - University center for mathematical modeling, applied analysis and computational mathematics; together with five senior colleagues coordinating research activities and presentation skills of 10 young assistant professors. Funding source: Charles university in Prague, institutional research center. Total funding EUR 2,400,000.
- 2006-2011. Principal investigator. Nečas Centre for Mathematical Modelling. Centre of fundamental research, joint project of the Charles University, the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic and the Czech Technical University. Financed by the Ministry of Youth, Education and Sports (MŠMT) of the Czech Republic. Grant number LC06052. Total funding EUR 2,720,000.
- 2009-2013. Principal investigator. Mathematical and computer analysis of the evolution processes in nonlinear viscoelastic fluid-like materials. Research grant GAČR 201/09/0917 financed by the Czech Science Foundation. Total funding EUR 440,000.
- 2005-present. Member of the research group. Methods of modern mathematics and their applications. Institutional research plan MSM 0021620839 financed by the Ministry of Youth, Education and Sports (MŠMT) of the Czech Republic.
- 2012-2015. Member of the team. A mechanism of ultra-fine substructure formation induced by severe plastic deformation. Research grant GAP 107/12/0121 financed by the Czech Science Foundation. Total funding EUR 170,000.
- 2008-2010. Co-investigator. Mathematical analysis of complex systems in fluid mechanics. Financed by the Czech Science Foundation, grant number GAČR 201/08/0315. Co-PI funding EUR 45,000.
- 2008. Member of the team. Non-Newtonian fluids. Financed by the International Visegrad Fund, project number 20810018. Total funding EUR 7,000.
- 2006-2008. Principal investigator. Incompressible fluids with complicated rheology. Financed by the Czech Science Foundation, grant number GAČR 201/06/0352. Total funding EUR 110,000.
- 2005-2007. Co-investigator. Mathematical analysis in fluid thermodynamics. Financed by the Czech Science Foundation, grant number GAČR 201/05/0164. Co-PI funding EUR 42,000.
- 2005-2006. Supervisor of the project. Nonlinear models in continuum mechanics. Starting grant for doctoral students. Financed by the Charles University, grant number GAUK 6/2005/R. Total funding EUR 50,000.
- 2003-2005. Principal investigator. Nonlinear analysis in biomaterials. Financed by the Czech Science Foundation, grant number GAČR 201/03/0934. Total funding EUR 82,000.
- 2002-2004. Principal investigator. Analysis of nonlinear partial differential equations via the methods of the regularity theory. Financed by the Grant Agency of the Charles University, grant number GAUK 262/2002/B-MAT/MFF. Total funding EUR 13,000.
- 2000-2002. Principal investigator. Advanced mathematical approaches to nonlinear continuum mechanics. Financed by the Czech Science Foundation, grant number GAČR 201/00/0768. Total funding EUR 60,000.
- 1999-2004. Member of the team. Quantitative and qualitative methods of modern mathematics and its applications. Financed by the Ministry of Youth, Education and Sports (MŠMT) of the Czech Republic, grant number MSM.
- 1996-2000. Member of the team. An investigation into the inelastic behaviour of materials. Financed by National Science Foundation (USA) and the Ministry of Youth, Education and Sports (MŠMT) of the Czech Republic, grant number KONTAKT 2996K1020. Funding EUR 12,000.
- Theoretical and Computational Fluid Mechanics (a member of Advisory Board, since 2002)
- Applications of Mathematics (since 2002)
- International Journal of Engineering Science (since 2007)
- Commentationes Mathematicae Universitatis Carolinae (since 2008)
- Mathematica Bohemica (2007-2009)
- Mathematical Problems in Engineering (2006-2007)
- Differential Equations and Nonlinear Mechanics (2005-2010)
- defended PhD projects
- 2000. Dalibor Pražák. Asymptotic Behaviour of Dissipative Equations by the Method of Trajectories.
- 2000. Jaroslav Hron. Fluid Structure Interaction with Applications in Biomechanics.
- 2003. Miroslav Bulíček. Navier's Slip and Evolutionary Navier-Stokes-Fourier- Like Systems with Pressure, Shear-Rate and Temperature Dependent Viscosity.
- 2006. Petr Častulík. Analysis of Kinetic Equations and their Fluid Dynamic Limits.
- 2010. Martin Heida. Visiting. Modeling multiphase flow in porous media with an application to permafrost soil.
- 2010. Martin Lanzendörfer. Flows of incompressible fluids with pressure-dependent viscosity (and their application to modelling the flow in journal bearing).
- 2011. Adrian Hirn. Visiting. Finite Element Approximation of Problems in Non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics.
- 2011. Petra Pustějovská. Biochemical and mechanical processes in synovial fluid - modeling, analysis and computational simulations.
- 2013. Karel Tůma. Identification of rate type fluids suitable for modeling geomaterials.
- 2013. Oldřich Ulrych. Nestlačitelné tekutiny s viskozitou závislou na teplotě, numerická analýza a počítačové simulace.
- 2013. Eva Ulrychová. Lineární algebra na školách netechnického směru.
- 20 master graduates
- 2007 Université du Toulon du Var, France (1 month)
- 2005 University of Bonn, Germany (1 month)
- 2004 University of Bonn, Germany (2 months), Texas A&M University, College Station, USA (5 months)
- 2003 Texas A&M University, College Station, USA (3 months), Université Marne-la-Valleée, France (1 month)
- 2002 University of Bonn, Germany (1 month), University of Köln, Germany (1 week, an invited lecture), University of Parma, Italy (1 week, an invited lecture)
- 2001 University of Bonn, Germany (2+4 weeks), Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany (1 week), Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, USA (1 week), University of Missouri, Columbia, USA (1 week, an invited lecture), Texas A&M University, College Station, USA (2 weeks )
- 2000 University of Bonn, Germany (2 weeks), University of Dortmund, Germany (1 week)
- 1999 University of Paris 7, France (1 month)
- 1998 University of Bonn, Germany (1+1 week), School of Mathematics, University of Minnesota, Mineapolis, USA (1 week)
- 1997 University of Bonn, Germany (6 weeks)
- 1996 University of Lisbon, Portugal (1 week, an invited lecture), University of Bonn, Germany (1 month), University of Toulon, France (1 month)
- 1995 University of Bonn, Germany (1 month), University of Toulon, France (2 months), University of Zurich, Swiss (1 week, an invited lecture), Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Pittsburgh, USA (1 month)
- 1994 Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Pittsburgh, USA (1 month)
- 1993 University of Toulon, France (2 weeks)
- 1992 University of Heidelberg, Germany (1 week)
Invited lectures during last six years
- On implicitly constituted incompressible fluids, Workshop on partial differenctial equations and fluid dynamics, Warwick, UK, July 2010
- Generalised Newtonian heat-conducting fluids, Congress: Mathematical fluid dynamics and its applications, Rennes, France, June 2010
- On motions of inhomogeneous incompressible fluid like bodies, IAMCS Workshop: Complex fluid dynamics, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia, March 2010
- Thermodynamics of compressible non-Newtonian fluids (lecture series), Chinese-French summer research institute project Stress tensor effects on compressible flows, Beijing, China, January 2010
- Mathematical analysis on the Navier-Stokes equations and related topics, past and future (1 lecture), Kobe, Japan, December 2009
- International Winter School Non-newtonian Fluid Mechanics (series of lectures), Korbielów (Poland), February 2009
- Workshop Navier-Stokes equations: classical and generalized models at Centre di Ricerca Matematica Ennio De Giorgi, Pisa, Italy , September 2008
- Conference Parabolic and Navier-Stokes equations, Bedlewo, Poland, September 2008
- World Congress of Nonlinear Analysts, Orlando, July 2008
- EVEQ2008, international summer school, Prague, June 2008
- Workshop: Modeling, Simulation and Control of Flows, Heidelberg, May 2008
- Conference The 25th Kyushu Symposium of Partial Differential Equations, Kyushu, Japan, January 2008
- Workshop Modeles mathématiques en mécanique des fluides, Paris, France, December 2007
- Workshop Partial Differential equations and fluid mechanics, Warwick, UK, May 2007
- SIAM conference on partial differential equations, Boston, USA, July 2006
- Conference Selfsimilar solutions in nonlinear PDEs, Banach Center, Bedlewo, September 2005
- Seventh RIMS Workshop on Mathematical Analysis in Fluid and Gas Dynamics, Kyoto, Japonsko, July 2005
- Conference Partial Differential Equations in Mathematical Physics (in memory of O. A. Ladyzhenskaya), Levico (Trento), Italy, October 2004
- Conference SES2004, Lincoln, Nebrasca, USA , October 2004
- HYKE conference, Vienna, February 2003
- Workshop on Analysis and Numerics of Non-Newtonian Fluids, Kirchzarten, Germany, April 2003
- Workshop Numerical and Analytical methods in solving non-linear PDE’s, Marne-la-Valleée, July 2003
Two chapters in books and 20 original papers published during last six yars in the archival journals.
The complete List of Publications includes one book, 2 chapters in books, 75 original papers, editorship of 15 books.
More than 460 citations (without self-citations).